Updates from Dr. Whibbs
Health First Network Medical Director
Update on Clinical Integration
As the health care delivery and financing playing field continues to shift, looking for new and more creative solutions to the issues of access, cost, and waste becomes more important. Health First Network, Inc. is responding to the challenges with a number of strategies, and central to all of them is the concept of a high performance, clinically integrated network. Since its inception in 1985, HFNI has always tried to find synergies and efficiencies within our network of physicians, and this gives us an advantage because we have been able to work together to achieve better outcomes for our patients, with more efficient, more coordinated use of resources. We are not where we want to be yet, but we are moving in the right direction. HFNI added a Clinical Integration Committee a year ago, and they are working diligently and with lively interest reviewing and adopting evidence based clinical protocols for use in all of our lines of business. HFNI is also involved in developing a pilot project with the Health Information Exchange of Florida to allow more active and secure sharing of clinically pertinent information. HFNI thinks that regardless of how the delivery and financing systems change (and they ARE changing), the best approach is a patient oriented high performance network of skilled and caring physicians.
William J. Whibbs, M.D.
Archived Updates from Dr. Whibbs
- April 2012 - Care Coordination
- March 2010 - Caution: Changes are Ahead!
- March 6, 2009 - Informational Piece about E-prescribing
- November 12, 2008 - License Renewal
- June 13, 2008 - Information on several network issues for Health First Network Physicians
- November, 2007 - Current list of the HEDIS measures
- September, 2007 - Take Note: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Announce Reforms
- July 2007
- May 2007
- March 2007
- January 2007